Friday, December 5, 2008

madison rants.

My mother and I were supposed to have a date this evening. Just a nice little mother-daughter go out to eat kind of thing. Well, it was a rather spur of the moment idea and about half-way through my day I was reminded of a double date Shane and I were supposed to have with a couple of his friends.

The situation turned into an all-out mother daughter smack down (not physically of course only verbally) and it ended up being a rushed trip to a local fast-food joint.

I hate to say it but I was really looking forward to hanging out with my mother. We haven't been able to find the time in months and I miss her. I guess we'll just have to re-schedule. Part of me wants to fake sick tomorrow like a kid in middle school. But, as Shane needlessly reminded me, that is not what grown women do.

Sometimes I just want to say poop to the entire grown up thing.

Neverland is sounding rather grand to me.

No comments: