Monday, December 8, 2008

oh, hello little brother.

I am my mom's only child.

However, do not confuse this to mean I am an only child.
No, not an only, in fact I'm one of ten. I suppose the most interesting thing about this situation is there are NINE mothers. Nine mothers, ten children. Dear lord.

I grew up oblivious to the way I was really created, when I hit eighteen my brother(who'd known the true story for about two years having reached eighteen first) decided to tell this story to every single person we know. At first I was mortified and then I had a realization, this story really explains who I am.

My father was married to my brother's mom. Austin(the brother)'s mom met mine at the college bookstore and well they became friends. Mom somehow ended up living with dad and his wife and well, they had a threesome. This was the only time mom ever had sex with dad...and yes I am the product of said threesome.

My dad has been a very very busy man since the early eighties, creating all of us "blessings". My youngest brother is now sixteen and driving. Geezus the thought. Anyway, he randomly surprised me a few days ago by showing up at my house in his little green Subaru. It was nice to see him, not so nice when I a the call from his mother freaking out wondering where her little runaway was. I guess he was having a hard time and thought the 180 mile drive to my place was well worth the wrath of dad and his mom.

Dad's house never has been the greatest place for teenagers.

No comments: