Wednesday, December 10, 2008

on loving shane.

I feel I haven't been fair in my description of the relationship between shane and I. He is my best friend, my confidant, my rock. There have been times in our relationship where I would not have survived the evening if he hadn't been there to pick up the pieces.

When Shane and I are together the world is rose-colored. Worries and doubts are there, but we figure out how to deal with them. He makes me think clearly and stand up for myself. I keep him headed in the right direction and remind him how life works.

We really do "complete each other" no matter how overused the phrase. There are times when I'm lying next to Shane, he pulls me closer and it feels like it would never be close enough unless or bodies meshed together and became one.

Passion isn't always there, it isn't lacking but isn't priority. Priority is working together, paying the few bills we share, taking turns with the dog chores.

It's just so....obvious. So easy to see, we are synchronized to each other's moves. Before anything is even said the other has already completed it. There is nothing we can't do in life as long as the other is there.

Love conquers all right? As long as you work for it.

No comments: